Mark your Calendar for JUNE 14 at 6:30 to join us for our annual WCCA TV membership and meet and greet and producer party event at Bull Mansion, 55 Pearl Street, Worcester, MA Meet the Stars from your backyard. Stay tuned for details. Light food, cash bar, entertainment, and more.
The following testimonial is from Dee Wells (a professional Photographer and Filmmaker) about how WCCA TV helped him in pursuit of his career.
WCCA TV offers opportunities and training for people in Worcester of all incomes. This summer we hope to have a youth program for underprivileged youth in our community, but the funding that used to pay for that annual program has been cut. We need your help to keep it going this year (2018) while we search for a sustainable way to pay for the Community Connections youth program for underprivileged youth in 2019 and after.
Please send a generous donation by going to the following link web address: www.wccatv.com/donate or calling during office hours M-F at 508-755-1880. Donations may, also, be sent to WCCA TV, 415 Main St., Worcester, MA 01608. Please state that your donation is for youth programs.
Thank You for your support.
Dee Wells of Future Focus Media Explains How WCCA TV Training Programs Helped Him in His Career Path. Please take just 1 minute and listen! To Donate to WCCA TV push the donate button on our Facebook page or go to www.wccatv.com/donate. Also, you can call 508-755-1880 and make a donation or mail us a donation to WCCA TV 415 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608.
Posted by WCCA TV 194 "The People's Channel" on Thursday, June 15, 2017
The WCCA TV Newsletter, January 2018
This Month at WCCA TV, The People’s Channel
WCCA TV is very appreciative that it has been awarded a Worcester Arts Council Grant for New Voices 2018. The Worcester Arts Council is part of a network of 329 local Cultural Councils serving all 351 cities and towns in the Commonwealth. It is through programs like these that give access and assistance to Worcester’s creative community. Thank you, WAC!!
Want to stay healthy all year long, both physically and mentally? Then be sure to tune into our WCCA TV programming to help YOU be the best YOU possible! We offer such valuable locally produced programs as Work Out World, Health Matters, A Bridge to Better Mental Health, and Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds. Tune into these shows weekly on WCCA TV , Channel 194 in Worcester, or go to www.wccatv.com, Video on Demand, and search for your favorite show.
WCCA TV is seeking your assistance in bringing a brighter future for downtown Worcester through the iSMARTT Center Project. Your donation is highly appreciated! If you’re interested in volunteering for our capital campaign, please contact Joseph at 508-755-1880 or firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, thank you for your support!
WCCA TV Special Presentations
Hops & Harmony is brought to you by Mechanics Hall with partner WCCA TV and supported by Atlas Distributors, Bay State Savings Bank, and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. The second Hops & Harmony was held on December 2017 at Mechanics Hall in Worcester. It was a fun night with live music and audience participation. The guest artist was Blue Light Bandits. Next Hops & Harmony is on February 12, 2018. Join us for this special Valentine’s event – Hops & Harmony with a twist!
The League of Women Voters of the Worcester area held a public forum on fake news and media literacy at the First Baptist Church in Worcester. The forum, titled Media Literacy and Fake News: Decoding Media in 2017, featured a panel of journalists and media to address questions regarding the distortion of truth in the modern media world and how news influence civil discourse.
WCCA TV Program Notes
- Tune into new episodes of Soapbox in February, hosted by the WCCA TV Executive Director Mauro DePasquale. New episodes will feature Sally Jablonski from Hebert E Berg Florist; artist Esther Solondz; Ray Pfau and Bob Johnson, volunteer
organizers of the local Repair Cafe; Mark Baldi, Peter Dunn, and Shyla Matthews who chat with Mauro about brownfields. Soapbox can be seen on WCCA TV, Channel 194 in Worcester, and streaming live online at wccatv.com on Saturdays at 10:30 pm and Sundays at 6:30 pm. To be a guest on the show, contact email@example.com.
- Time for a coffee break and another episode of Coffee with Konnie. Join Konnie Lukes and her guests as they discuss city issues at Worcester area coffee shops. Konnie has coffee with Chantel Bethea and Robin Currie. Tune into this episode to find out what they talk about.
- Rosen’s Round Table is a political and current issue program hosted by Gary Rosen and produced by WCCA TV. This week’s panel members are Gary Vecchio, Moe Bergman, and Walter
Bird. The city of Worcester has a new website: www.worcesterma.gov . Watch this episode to find out what the guys thinks about it. In another episode, Gary Rosen and his panel members talk about a lawsuit brought against Worcester for an inflated sewer fee.
- Know Your Rights is a show to inform viewers of their civil rights, hosted by Ron Madnick. In this episode, Ron talks about Government Funding to Active Churches. In another episode, the topic is a Case of Abuse Defended in the Name of Religious Freedom.
- What It’s Worth is a WCCA TV show definitely worth watching! Host of the show, Tommy Colletta, welcomes attorney Blake Rubin, candidate for the District Attorney. In another episode, Tommy talks to Mark Pinkham about home improvements.
- Perspectives with Asima Silva is a WCCA TV program that features local and national guests sharing their perspectives on politics, current events, mental and emotional health, as well as religion. Today’s episode features Zaza Sakhat to talk about the girl’s perspective after a sexual assault.
- Exposure With Mosher is a WCCA TV show that spotlights entrepreneurs, innovators, and good news. Host Amy Mosher Berry welcomes Russ Wigen, Suzanne Wigen, and Randal Meraki to the show.
- Activate Worcester, hosted by Ron Motta, is a WCCA TV program that shows viewers how to participate and become active in Worcester. Ron welcomes his wife Louise to the show.
- Connecting The Dots is a non-traditional legal program with the emphasis on the attorney as a trusted advisor, with an interdisciplinary approach to solving life’s issues. Host of the program, Attorney Liz Myska, welcomes Casey Burns, the new Director of The Coalition for a Healthy Greater Worcester. In another episode, Liz welcomes Jayne Schack from Acclaim Home Health Care.
- Tune into Hidden Treasures, a program that shows the viewers how to find that hidden antique or collectible that just may add cash to their life. In this episode, Bill welcomes James D. to talk about comic books. In another episode, Bill welcomes auctioneer Ron D’Auteuil back to the show. Ron and Bill chat about reality shows that involve collectables.
- Video Jam is your source for eclectic music videos. Your favorite host, Tracy Foley, has been presenting mainstream and indie rock for more than 10 years on cable TV public access stations. Today’s Playlist includes: Aaron Shust – My Hope is in You, My Silent Bravery – Girl You Think You Know, Anana Kaye – American Smile, TLUXX – 7th Angel, Steve Aoki – All Night, Calum Scott – You’re the Reason, Dev – Come at Me, and more. Keep jammin’ with WCCA TV!
- Tune into Video Jam Country and spend an hour enjoying the latest and greatest in country music with host Tracy Foley. This show will feature: The Texas Red Dirt Choir – Faith in the Water,
Little Feather – Hillbilly Love Song, Indigo Summer – Wants What It Wants & A1A, Robert Stowell – I’d Die for You, Cash Campbell – Cannonball, Anthony Orio – Undeniable, Tracy Lawrence feat. Big & Rich & Brad Arnold – The Good Ole Days, Aaron Watson – Outta Styel, Mo Pitney – Clean Up on Aisle Five, Smith & Wesley – Superman for a Day, Jenna Paulette – Coolest Girl in the World, Melanie Meriney – Life Boat, Olivia Lane – Devil & You, Jerod Niemann – I Got This, Lucas Hoge – Dirty South. Shout-out to all country music fans!!
- Ben Behind The Scenes is a WCCA TV program that showcases music videos, interviews, reviews, and short films. The show is produced and hosted by Ben Allotey, one of WCCA TV’s longest active producers. Tune into another episode of pure entertainment.
- Tune into another yummy episode of Cooking with Georgia and Dez. In this episode, Georgia and Dez show the viewers how to prepare Mediterranean style beef stew and Georgia-style biscuts. Real Food, Real People, Real Simple!
- Senior Speak is a program by WCCA TV in collaboration with the Worcester Senior Center. Senior issues are discussed and a good time is had by all. Senior Speak is recorded at the Worcester Senior Center, located at 128 Providence St., on Tuesdays at 2 PM. Stop by and be a part of the show!
- Nuestra Esperanza is a Spanish-language religious program hosted and produced by Lucy Tomey. This program has been airing on WCCA TV since 1990! Programación christiana de inspiración en Español, de mas larga duración en WCCA TV desde el año 1990, anfitriona y productora Lucy Tomey.
About WCCA TV
Worcester Community Cable Access is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation administering public access cable television for Worcester, Massachusetts. Our mission is:
- To advance democratic ideals by ensuring the people have access to electronic media
- To provide a platform for first amendment rights and for artistic and cultural expression
- To promote co-operative relations with those who serve the public interest
- To promote communication through community use of media
LEARN, CREATE, CONNECT!