The WCCA TV Newsletter, March 2017
This Month at WCCA TV, The People’s Channel
Hello friends! Happy Spring to all! Spring is booming and so is the WCCA TV Programming!
MOVING FORWARD with Gayle Suzanne is a lifestyle program, both inspirational and motivational, that helps you reach your goals in life, whatever they may be. Tune into WCCA TV194 on Fridays at 11 AM to watch this show. As always, thank you for your support!
The staff and Board of WCCA want to congratulate Georgia, Dez, and Peter Sarianides of the COOKING WITH GEORGIA & DEZ show, produced at WCCA TV, for the successful international launch of their THEA products, including spinach pies and spreadable feta cheese. We wish them even more success in the future! Tune into ‘Cooking with Georgia & Dez’ every Friday at 7:30 PM on WCCA TV Channel 194 and streaming live at wccatv.com.
Our next TV PRODUCTION CLASS starts on April 29 and is held at the WCCA TV studio, in downtown Worcester. This class is a MUST for all aspiring TV producers, as it provides useful information about all components of the TV production process. The class is offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. To reserve your seat, call 508-755-1880, ext. 14. Embark on your exciting TV Production journey today!
WCCA TV Program Notes
- Tune into new episodes of SOAPBOX in April. Host Mauro DePasquale will interview Kate Agin from Eversource to tell us about the Good Neighbor Energy Fund; Guy Glodis, the owner of the Ballot Box bar in Worcester; Jason Eastty, the founder and owner of Escape Games Worcester; Brian Barlow and Astha Shrestha from the WICN 90.5 radio station in Worcester, and David Foss and Peter Dunn to tell us about the Brownfield Redevelopment. There is something for everyone on WCCA TV! Soapbox can be seen on WCCA TV 194 in Worcester, as well as streaming live online, on Saturdays at 10:30 PM and Sundays at 6:30 PM.
- In this new episode of ROSEN’S ROUND TABLE, host Gary Rosen and his panel members talk about the traffic in Washington Square. In another episode, the topic of discussion is the Holy Cross Crusaders.
- BEACON HILL CHAT is a program with interesting people talking about the interesting
things going on in Central Massachusetts. Host of the program, Senator Harriette Chandler, welcomes Randi Sargent and Karen Langley, the Director at Assistive Technology and Community Support
Programs. In another episode Senator Chandler welcomes Emily Holdstein, the Executive Director of the Jewish Community Center.
- A BRIDGE TO BETTER MENTAL HEALTH is a WCCA TV program that explores topics that reduce stigma and increase public awareness on topics related to mental health. Host Rebecca
Lynch welcomes Stacey Leibowitz. The topic of discussion is Success and Challenges for Individuals with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities.
- WHAT IT’S WORTH is a WCCA TV show definitely worth watching! Host of the show, Tommy Colletta, chats with Kevin Harvey, writer at the Muddy Water magazine.
- Tune into a new episode of 508, a show about Worcester that is hosted and produced by Mike Benedetti.
- KNOW YOUR RIGHTS is a show to inform viewers of their civil rights, hosted by
Ron Madnick. In this episode, Ron talks about the Anti-Muslim Discrimination.
- EXPOSURE WITH MOSHER is a WCCA TV program that spotlights entrepreneurs, innovators, and good news. Show host, Amy Mosher Berry, welcomes Juliette Willouhby, Marc Blackmer and Scott Boilard to talk about Viable Career Choices.
- CONNECTING THE DOTS is a non-traditional legal program with the emphasis on
the attorney as a trusted advisor, with an interdisciplinary approach to solving life’s issues. Host of the program, Attorney Liz Myska, welcomes Bridgette Hylton and Tricia Bethune from the Counseling and Assessment Clinic of Worcester.
- Tune into a new episode of SMART METERS. Dr. Nicholas Kardaras, an addiction expert, discusses Risks to Children from Screen Time and Tech Overuse.
- Learn the ins and outs of real estate, home buying and other housing issues with IN THE HOUSE, a WCCA TV program hosted by George Russell. In this episode, George welcomes Sam Rosario to talk about the Construction Industry.
- ACTIVATE WORCESTER is a WCCA TV program that shows viewers how to participate and
become active in Worcester. Host Ron Motta and his guest Mike Bottos talk about the
Super Bowl 51 champions, New England Patriots.
- CLOSE TO HOME is a show about people and situations that demonstrate deep respect for mankind. Host of the show, Molly Finn, welcomes Yves Jacques back to the show.
- SENIOR SPEAK is a program by WCCA TV in collaboration with the Worcester Senior Center. Senior issues are discussed and a good time is had by all. Senior Speak is recorded at the Worcester Senior Center, located at 128 Providence St., on Tuesdays at 2 PM. Stop by and be a part of the show!
- NUESTRA ESPERANZA is a Spanish-language religious program hosted by Lucy Tomey. This program has been airing on our channel since 1990! Programación christiana de inspiración en Español, de mas larga duración en WCCA TV desde el año 1990, anfitriona y productora Lucy Tomey.
- Welcome to COOKING WITH GEORGIA & DEZ! In this episode, Georgia and Dez will show you how to prepare different yummy Appetizers. Real Food, Real People, Real Simple!!
- SOUND CHECK, hosted by Stefano Trafficante, is a real-life, unscripted program
featuring the local talent of bands and song writers in the Worcester area. Elsewhere is featured on this episode.
- VIDEO JAM is your source for eclectic music videos. Your favorite host, Tracy Foley, has been presenting mainstream and indie rock for more than 10 years on cable TV public access stations. Today’s Playlist includes: Noah Cyrus/Make Me Cry, HEIRSOUND/Slow Motion, HEIRSOUND/Choke, Into the Fire/Spit You Out, The NaveBlues/Thank you, Julia Jacklin/Leadlight, The Choardaes/Cry Another Day, and more. Keep jammin’ with WCCA TV!
- Ben Allotey, one of the WCCA TV longest members, is the host and producer of **BEN BEHIND
About WCCA TV
Worcester Community Cable Access is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation administering public access cable television for Worcester, Massachusetts. Our mission is:
- To advance democratic ideals by ensuring the people have access to electronic media
- To provide a platform for first amendment rights and for artistic and cultural expression
- To promote co-operative relations with those who serve the public interest
- To promote communication through community use of media
LEARN, CREATE, CONNECT!
WCCA TV, Channeling Worcester Community Since 1986!