The WCCA TV Newsletter, May 2019
This Month at WCCA TV, The People’s Channel
DO YOU KNOW WHO THE FIRST and only “DIGITAL MAKER SPACE” IS IN WORCESTER? WCCA TV of course.Specializing in Public Access and Media Literacy since 1986
WCCA TV’s Central Mass Jazz Fest is just around the corner. This BIG Jazz Festival, presented by WCCA and F M G Financial of Worcester, that will take place at Cristoforo Colombo Park in Worcester on SATURDAY, June 22, will feature world-class celebrity musicians. Among the performers are: Amanda Carr with Les Femmes De Chanson, Dave Frank, Fernando Holz, Greg Abate, Pamela Hines, Steven Kirby, Isosceles Groove, Jazzed Up Trio, Jim Porcella, and Mike Renzi. It will be a Jazz fest like no other in Worcester and you don’t want to miss it!! We kindly ask you to text 243725, keyword WCCATV, to donate and show your support. Thank you! We hope to see you there!! http://www.centralmassjazzfest.com
WCCA TV Special Presentations
The League of Women Voters held a forum on Climate Change – Taking Action For A Cleaner, Greener Massachusetts and WCCA TV was there. The keynote was delivered by Melissa Hoffer. Special thanks to Bill Hamilton of WCCA TV for this special presentation.
Front Row is a television experience that takes you up close to live, local, and on-location performances with in-depth interviews of talent, directors, producers, artists and more. WCCA TV’s Adam Rice interviews Steven Good, who plays Dr. Pomatter in the Broadway Musical
Waitress. Inspired by Adrienne Shelly’s beloved film, this uplifting musical celebrates friendship, motherhood, and the magic of a well-made pie.
The third annual Ukeapalooza Middle School Festival featured music by students from Forest Grove and Burncoat middle schools. Students performed popular tunes, while playing the four strings of the 19th century Hawaiian instrument. WCCA TV’s Adam Rice was there to capture the excitement.
WCCA TV Program Notes
- WCCA TV194 presents Soapbox – meaningful television produced in Worcester, by Worcester citizens for ALL. Host of the show is WCCA TV’s Executive Director, Mauro DePasquale. New episodes in June will feature: Kevin Hartigan and Jeff Gaucher from the Worcester Bravehearts baseball team to update us on what will be happening at Fitton Field this year; Frank Huntley, aka Pill Man, to tell us his story about opiate addiction and to provide insight on how to overcome drug addiction; Amanda Carr, WICN Radio’s Executive Director, to share the fantastic story of how WICN has developed over the years to give voice to our music community; William Wallace, the Executive Director of the Worcester Historical Museum, to talk about Worcester’s history and the Worcester Historical Museum; and Michael Coogan to talk about the opportunities WCCA TV offers and, more specifically, about WCCA’s annual fundraising event, the Central Mass Jazz Fest, coming to Worcester’s Cristoforo Colombo Park on June 22. Soapbox can be seen on WCCA TV 194 in Worcester and streaming live online at www.wccatv.com on Saturdays at 10:30 pm and Sundays at 6:30 pm. To be a guest, contact Tracy Foley at email@example.com
- Beacon Hill Chat is a talk show that features interesting people talking about the interesting
things going on in Central Massachusetts. Host of the program, State Senator Harriette Chandler, welcomes Louis Brady, the President and CEO of Family Health Center. In another episode, Senator Chandler welcomes Jill Dagilis, the Executive Director of the Worcester Community Action Council.
- This weekend, you don’t want to miss the Albanian Festival in Worcester! This is the oldest Albanian Festival in the US, with more than 10,000 visitors and 200 volunteers!! Konnie Lukes, host of WCCA TV’s Coffee with Konnie, welcomes to her show Festival Co-Chair, Gregory Steffon, and the Volunteer Coordinator, Sandra Johns Dionis. The Albanian festival will take place at St. Mary’s Assumption Albanian Orthodox Church (located at 535 Salisbury St in Worcester) from May 31st till June 2nd, rain or shine under a massive tent. The festival will feature live music and entertainment, authentic Albanian food, as well as Church tours, kids carnival, cooking demonstrations, and lots of dancing! To learn more about the Albanian Festival, tune in to this episode of ‘Coffee with Konnie’ exclusively on WCCA TV 194!
- Tune in to Rosen’s Round Table, a political and current issue program hosted by City Councilor Gary Rosen. This week’s panel members are Gary Vecchio, Moe Bergman, and Walter Bird. There will be preliminary elections for both the Worcester City Council and the School Committee this year. In another episode, the guys talk about the decision of long-time Worcester City Councilor, Konnie Lukes, to not run for re-election.
- Activate Worcester, hosted by Ron Motta, is a WCC TV program that shows viewers how to participate and become active in Worcester. Ron’s guest is Jermoh Kamara, a candidate for the Worcester School Committee. In another episode, Ron and his guest Mike Bottos chat about what’s going to happen with the New England Patriots in 2019.
- Close To Home is a show about people and situations that demonstrate deep respect for mankind. Host of the show, Molly Finn, welcomes Marie Ferree to the show.
- Know Your Rights is a WCCA TV show to inform viewers of their civil rights, hosted by Ron Madnick. Ron continues his series of shows on the topic What is the Truth About American Muslims.
- Welcome to Hidden Treasures! Host of the show, Bill Safer, helps you learn how to find that hidden antique or collectible that just may add cash to your life. Bill’s hidden-treasure find today is not an antique or collectible. Today’s treasure is the musical duo of Karen Novy and Bob Ireland. We listen to treasures from their album Dragonfly. In another episode, Bill welcomes Anne Morrissey back to the show to educate us about vintage costume jewelry.
- This Is Worcester is a WCCA TV program hosted and produced by community activist Bill Coleman. The program focuses on interesting Worcester area facts and history. Bill and guest Yaffa Fain talk about the Cultural Division of the Economical Development Department for the city of Worcester. In another episode, Bill’s guests are Linda Bullock and Agelina to tell us about the 2019 Armenian HyeLights production.
- Ramona Pokoly is the host of Ramona Interviews, a talk show that spotlights interesting guests from all walks of life. Ramona’s guest is health and wellness coach, June House.
- What It’s Worth is a WCCA TV show definitely worth watching! Host of the show, Tommy Colletta, welcomes State Rep Jim O’Day back to the show.
- Video Jam is your source for eclectic music videos. Your favorite host, Tracy Foley, has been presenting mainstream and indie rock for more than 10 years on cable TV public access stations. Today’s Playlist features: Brooke Alexx – Bored, Yuna – Blank Marquee, 3Lau & Justin Caruso – Better with You, Waterfall Wash – Colors, John Paciga – The F Word, Kelly Padrick – Waiting for This, Rocky Dawuni – Beats of Zion, and more. Keep on jammin’!!
- Tune in to Video Jam Country and spend an hour enjoying the latest and greatest in country music with host Tracy Foley. Today’s show features: John Tracy – Love True Just For You, Nate Currin – Heart on the Run, Scott Shipley – Save Me from Me, David Petovar – My Kind of Country, Jordan Foster – Crystal Clear, Jenna Raine – A Letter to Me, Walker Montgomery- Just Say When, Caroline Jones – Chasin’ Me, QUEEVA- How Do You Know, Erin Enderlin – Tonight I Don’t Give a Damn, Nick Alligood – Drinking Left to Do, Jamie Lee Thurston – The Window, Eric Etheridge – If You Met Me First, Stephanie Urbina Jones – Jolene, AC Thomas – Man of Constant Sorrow. Shout-out to all our country music fans!!
- Ben Behind The Scenes is a WCCA TV program that showcases music videos, interviews, reviews, and short films. The show is produced and hosted by Ben Allotey, one of WCCA TV’s longest active producers. Tune into another episode of pure entertainment.
- Senior Speak is a program by WCCA TV in collaboration with the Worcester Senior Center. Senior issues are discussed and a good time is had by all. Senior Speak is recorded at the Worcester Senior Center, located at 128 Providence St, on Tuesdays at 2 PM. Stop by and be a part of the show!
About WCCA TV
Worcester Community Cable Access is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation administering public access cable television for Worcester, Massachusetts. Our mission is:
- To advance democratic ideals by ensuring the people have access to electronic media
- To provide a platform for first amendment rights and for artistic and cultural expression
- To promote co-operative relations with those who serve the public interest
- To promote communication through community use of media
LEARN, CREATE, CONNECT!
WCCA TV, Channeling Worcester Community Since 1986!