CABLE OUTAGE for at least 1/3 of Worcester today
WCCA ch 194 is off the air for allegedly 1/3 rd of Worcester’s Cable Subscribers.
It was reported to us that a Truck struck one of CHARTER’s major Fiber Hubs serving Worcester. Charter Technicians tell us that as a result of this accident 1/3rd of Worcester will not have cable. It is expected that it will take a day to repair the situation. We regret that our cable channel 194 is not available due to that accident. You can watch WCCA TV at wccatv.com . Writer’s comment: Let’s hope when they plan to redevelop Worcester’s Main Street they have accounted for public safety and such catastrophes when it comes to truck and delivery traffic.
# # #
CALL FOR ARTIST
ArtsWorcester and the Worcester Center for Crafts are exhibiting the next generation: regional artists in the early-to-mid stages of their careers, born since 1975. All artistic and craft media are eligible. The deadline for submissions is January 15th, 2016.
The First Prize winner will be given a cash prize of $250, and the opportunity of curating a show OR having a solo exhibit at the Krikorian Gallery, scheduled at the convenience of the artist and the Worcester Center for Crafts. Second Prize will receive a cash prize of $150, and Third Prize, $100.
The exhibit will be juried by Roger Hankins, Director of the Cantor Art Gallery at the College of the Holy Cross. All submissions will be made electronically through Submittables here.
We will notify all artists of the status of their submission by mid-February, with drop-off taking place March 3-5, 12-4 PM (should your work be accepted, we will let you know at which venue it will be exhibited).
• Artists must be in the early-to-mid stages of their career and be born since 1975.
• Artists must live and/or work in Worcester County or the following communities of Middlesex County: Lowell, Stow, Hudson, Marlborough, Framingham, Ashland, Hopkinton, and Holliston.
• Artwork must be completed within the last two years, and not previously exhibited in Worcester.
• Works will be limited to five feet in any direction; any part of a three-dimensional work may not exceed 40 pounds in weight. Fiber works may exceed five feet but must be hung or exhibited in a space not to exceed five feet
• Installation artists must make themselves available to assist with the preparation and mounting of their work.
• Two-dimensional artwork must be ready for exhibition under accepted gallery standards.
• The juror reserves the right to exclude works after viewing them in person.
• Works may be exhibited at either venue (ArtsWorcester, 660 Main Street, or the Worcester Center for Crafts, 25 Sagamore Road) at the discretion of the juror.
• Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of the work(s), and insurance to and from the assigned venue. No work will be accepted by shipment, nor will any be shipped back to the artist.
• Artists receive sixty percent of each sale for this collaborative exhibition only.
Submission fees must be received in full by January 15th, 2016:
ArtsWorcester Members: $25 for up to three works
Non-Members: $35 for up to three works
New-to-ArtsWorcester: $70 for a one-year membership and up to three works (restricted to artists who have never been members of ArtsWorcester)
Please pay submission fees through the PayPal button the Calls and Grants page on ArtsWorcester’s website, or mail a check marked “Now! submission” and postmarked January 14th to ArtsWorcester, 660 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01610.
# # #
MEANINGFUL MEDIA WCCA TV
WCCA has a new revised monthly e-newsletter. To receive a copy you need
to get added to the mailing list by visiting the WCCA website at
wccatv.com and clicking on “Join the mailing list” which will take you
to the signup form HERE
The People’s Channel. Contact the station and find out how you might qualify to be entered into a contest to win a nice prize by getting your friends to sign up for our e-news letter.
WCCA TV is a regional leader serving Worcester’s community media public access needs and an anchor institution that stands for Media Democracy, Media Literacy and Creative Innovation. Learn Create and Connect at WCCA TV
For more information browse this website, watch our programming on cable channel 194 or here ( at wccatv.com) , streaming live or “On-Demand”, and or contact Mauro DePasquale our Executive Director. We offer community volunteer memberships, special sponsor membership plans for businesses, Workshops and training for ALL ages, and whole lot more. Get involved, create, network, share your story, opinions, and fresh ideas on “THE PEOPLE’s CHANNEL” WCCA TV
Thanks for your support.
NOTE this blog may be updated and the views and opinions expressed in the news articles embedded herein are not necessarily those of WCCA TV, it’s Board of Directors, It’s Staff, It’s sponsors and associates.