The WCCA TV Newsletter, July 2018
This Month at WCCA TV, The People’s Channel
Hello everyone! Are you looking for something fun to do this summer? Check out our amazing Video On Demand library! All videos are available for free at On Demand Viewing. This would not be possible without such an amazing video-prolific community and also without the tremendous work and effort of our own WCCA TV staff of professional video technicians and video production artists. WCCA TV community programs are seen around the world and we have many letters expressing appreciation of this by people from different countries. There is no denying that WCCA TV is an anchor institution that stands for Media Democracy, Media Literacy and Creative Innovation!
Herb Alpert’s music team thanks WCCA TV!!
This is Jimmy Brunetti from Croshal Entertainment Group and Herb Alpert Presents. I just wanted to send you a quick note to say thank you for programming Herb’s latest video ‘What A Wonderful World’. We really appreciate your support!”
Video Jam is a WCCA TV production seen exclusively on WCCA TV 194 in Worcester and around the world at wccatv.com. It’s All Happening at WCCA TV!
- Tune into new episodes of Soapbox in July, hosted by WCCA TV’s Executive Director, Mauro DePasquale. The show has been in production since 1993 and we have produced over 1,065 shows. This month’s shows will feature: Nikki Erskine to talk about stART on the Street happening on September 16, 2018; Betsy Loring and Christina Chappell from the Worcester EcoTarium; Virginia Ryan to talk about Immigration; Chris Shustak to talk about the transgender people rights; as well as Cece Doucette and Patricia Burke to talk about Technology Safety. Soapbox can be seen on WCCA TV, Channel 194 in Worcester, and streaming live online at wccatv.com on Saturdays at 10:30 pm and Sundays at 6:30 pm . To be a guest on the show, contact email@example.com. We will be airing encore episodes of Soapbox in August and September, but we return with all new shows in October. Happy Summer!
- Time for a coffee break and another episode of Coffee with Konnie. Join City Councilor Konnie Lukes and her guests as they discuss city issues at Worcester area coffee shops. Konnie goes to Good As Gold Coffee to have coffee with Dan Goldman and learn about roasting coffee.
- Know Your Rights is a WCCA TV show to inform viewers of their civil rights, hosted by Ron Madnick. In this episode, Ron talks about The Story of the Bill of Rights Part 5 The Second Revolution and Whose
Land Is This Land?. In another episode, Ron talks about The Story of the Bill of Rights Part 6 Retreat From Reconstruction.
- Beacon Hill Chat is a talk show that features interesting people talking about the interesting
things going on in Central Massachusetts. Host of the program, State Senator Harriette Chandler, welcomes Holly Chaffee, the President of VNA Care. In another episode, Senator Chandler welcomes Victoria
Waterman and Calista Amoah from Girls Inc. to tell us about the Eureka! Program.
- Health Matters is a WCCA TV program in collaboration with the Worcester District Medical Society. Host Dr. Bruce Karlin welcomes Dr. Alwyn Rapose. The Overuse of Antibiotics is the topic of discussion. In another episode, Dr. Kavita Babu is the featured guest and the topic of discussion is Preventing Opioid Overdose. Because your health matters!!
- What It’s Worth is a WCCA TV show definitely worth watching! Host of the show, Tommy Colletta, chats with Carmelita Bello and Elaine Bafaro from the Mt Carmel Preservation Society. In another episode, Tommy’s
guest is Emily Rosenbaum, the Executive Director of the Worcester JCC, to talk about the JCC gym.
- Hidden Treasures is a WCCA TV program that helps you learn how to find that hidden antique or collectible that just may add cash to your life. In this episode, host Bill Safer answers some viewer
questions. Exclusively on WCCA TV!
- Perspectives, with Asima Silva, is a WCCA TV program that features local and national guests sharing their perspectives on politics, current events, mental and emotional health, as well as religion. Asima welcomes Wachusett High student Rianna Massoni to explain her recent science project.
- Close To Home is a show about people and situations that demonstrate deep respect for mankind, hosted by Molly Finn. Guest host CJ Doyle talks about the outcome of the recent vote in Ireland to allow abortion. In another episode, Molly welcomes Drew Rawan to the show.
- Activate Worcester, hosted by Ron Motta, is a WCCA TV program that shows viewers how to participate and become active in Worcester. In this episode, Ron talks to WCCA TV’s Executive Director Mauro DePasquale. In another episode, Ron welcomes Chris Motta back to the show to chat about sports.
- Should city money be used to save church buildings? Tune into this new episode of Rosen’s Round Table to find out what host Gary Rosen and his panel members think about this matter. In another episode, the guys talk about City Council’s recent evaluation of the City Manager.
- Static Fusion is an alternative performance art and musical variety program, produced with the facilities of WCCA TV. The show is put together by the creative genius of Jim Racicot and Uncle Allen. Jim takes us to see Winterboy at the Espresso Club.
- Band Edge is a WCCA TV local-music show that is shot live and spotlights Worcester area bands, solo singer/songwriters, and instrumentalists. Jessica Lavina, Sean Ryder, and Sarah Fard are the featured artists on this episode of Band Edge.
- Video Jam is your source for eclectic music videos. Your favorite host, Tracy Foley, has been presenting mainstream and indie rock for more than 10 years on cable TV public access stations. Today’s Playlist features: Lil Yachty – Boom!, Sarah Ragsdale – Paranoia, Christine and the Queens – Girlfriend, Christafari – What a Beautiful Name, Freedom – Dream a World, Sintra – Kindness, Ryan Chernin – Drough, and more.
- Keep jammin’ with Video Jam Rive Special, a show that features: Kris Wu – B.M., Chuck Daggers – In Gold, Niki – Newsflash!, Princess Saydah & Lady Mystiq – Carpe Diem, Niki – Vintage, LUC – Glow, Everpresent – Inside, and Seth Anthony – Roughnecks Fall in Love. Only on WCCA TV!
- Tune into Video Jam Country and spend an hour enjoying the latest and greatest in country music with host Tracy Foley. Today’s show features: Nick Brennan – Simply Irresistable, Nick Brennan – I Want a Girl, Chelsea Williams – Fool’s Gold, QUEEVA – Live Like a Song, April Kry – Perfectly Imperfect, Jessie G – Army Ranger, Rita Coolidge – Walkin’ on Water, Holly Tucker – Dallas on Your Boots, Jenny Tolman – Something to Complain About, Smith and Wesley – Hook Line Sinker, Smith and Wesley – Superman, Kassidy Lane – Baby Just Cruise, Melaine Meriney – Life Boat, Nefresh – Narrow Bridge, Deb D’lane – Raisin’ Hell, and LoCash – Don’t Get Better Than That. Shout-out to all our country music fans!
- Senior Speak is a program by WCCA TV in collaboration with the Worcester Senior Center. Senior issues are discussed and a good time is had by all. Senior Speak is recorded at the Worcester Senior Center, located at 128 Providence St., on Tuesdays at 2 PM. Stop by and be a part of the show!
- Nuestra Esperanza is a Spanish-language religious program hosted and produced by Lucy Tomey. This program has been airing on WCCA TV since 1990! Programación christiana de inspiración en Español, de mas larga duración en WCCA TV desde el año 1990, anfitriona y productora Lucy Tomey.
About WCCA TV
Worcester Community Cable Access is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation administering public access cable television for Worcester, Massachusetts. Our mission is:
- To advance democratic ideals by ensuring the people have access to electronic media
- To provide a platform for first amendment rights and for artistic and cultural expression
- To promote co-operative relations with those who serve the public interest
- To promote communication through community use of media
LEARN, CREATE, CONNECT!