# About Worcester. This is where it’s all happening
# This Month at WCCA TV, The People’s Channel
**Democracy Now!**, aired on WCCA TV, is an ad-free news program that people can trust. The program features in-depth stories that expose government and corporate abuses of power. **Democracy Now!** produces their daily news-hour at a fraction of the budget of a commercial news operation without ads, government funding or corporate underwriting. Support **Democracy Now!** by tuning in to the show Monday thru Friday, from 8 am to 9 am, on WCCA TV, Channel 194 in Worcester, also streaming live at www.wccatv.com. Please support OUR efforts in continuing to bring you **Democracy Now!** by donating to WCCA TV – no amount is too small and we appreciate your generosity and support! Donations can be made here: https://www.wccatv.com/donate or can be mailed to WCCA TV, 415 Main St., Worcester Mass. 01608. Thank you as always for your support!!
to follow us on [Facebook](https://www.facebook.com/WCCA-TV-194-The-Peoples-Channel-23121410752/) or [Twitter](https://twitter.com/wccatv13). On Instagram, we are
# WCCA TV Special Presentations
WCCA TV’s **Front Row** is a television show experience that takes you up close to live local & on-location performances, and often a look behind the scenes with in-depth interviews of talent, directors, producers, artists and more. It’s about the rich cultural experience and opportunities that exist in the Worcester area.
In this episode, WCCA TV’s Adam Rice interviews Neil Berg. Neil is the creator and co-producer of **Neil Berg’s 100 Years of Broadway**, which is now the number one Broadway touring concert in the United States, playing in over 120 cities a year for the past decade. Relive the groundbreaking Rock & Roll classics of the last 50 years, as Neil Berg shares the often unknown & fascinating stories of the music that changed the world – from the beginnings of Rock & Roll in the 1940s, through the glory years of the 50s, 60s and 70s, up until MTV in the early 80s. The show will play at The Hanover Theatre in Worcester, on Saturday, February 9, 2019, at 8:00 pm. You can watch the [Interview with Neil Berg](https://www.wccatv.com/video/front-row/FRONTROW6) exclusively on WCCA TV, Channel 194 in Worcester!
# WCCA TV Program Notes
* Tune in to all new episodes of **Soapbox** in February, hosted by WCCA TV’s Executive Director Mauro DePasquale. The new episodes will feature: Darlene Corbett – Keynote Speaker, Success Coach, and Author of the book [Stop Depriving The World of You: A Guide for Getting Unstuck](https://www.wccatv.com/video/soapbox/SOAPBOX1185); Nancy Diessner, who will have an [exhibit](https://www.wccatv.com/video/soapbox/SOAPBOX1186 ) at the Anna Maria College from February 20 till April 12; Lisa Carlin and Martha Gach of [Mass Audubon Broad Meadow Brook](https://www.wccatv.com/video/soapbox/SOAPBOX1187); as well as Jermoh Kamara, founder of the [HVK Children’s Foundation](https://www.wccatv.com/video/soapbox/SOAPBOX1188) – an organization that meets the challenging needs of children and families from disadvantage backgrounds. WCCA TV – empowering and elevating Worcester one story at a time!! Soapbox can be seen on WCCA TV, Channel 194 in Worcester, and streaming live online at www.wccatv.com, on Saturdays at 10:30 pm and Sundays at 6:30 pm . To be a guest, contact Tracy Foley at firstname.lastname@example.org
* **Beacon Hill Chat** is a talk show that features
interesting people talking about the interesting
things going on in Central Massachusetts. Host of the program, State Senator Harriette Chandler, welcomes Barry Lorion, the MassDOT District 3 Highway Director to update us to the future
of [Worcester’s Kelly Square](https://www.wccatv.com/video/beacon-hill-chat/BEACONHILLCHAT287). In another episode, Senator Chandler welcomes [David LeBouef](https://www.wccatv.com/video/beacon-hill-chat/BEACONHILLCHAT286), the newest member of Worcester’s delegation to the legislature.
* How should Worcester middle school students be taught sexual education? Tune in to this episode of **Rosen’s Round Table** to find out what host Gary Rosen and his panel members – Tony Economou, Hank Stolz, and Walter Bird – think about this [matter](https://www.wccatv.com/video/rosens-roundtable/ROSENSROUNDTABLE361). Exclusively on WCCA TV!!
* **Activate Worcester** is a WCCA TV program that shows viewers how to participate and become active in Worcester. Host of the show Ron Motta chats Chris Pinto about MA2A, [Massachusetts And the Second Amendment](https://www.wccatv.com/video/activate-worcester/ACTIVATEWORCESTER220).
* **Know Your Rights** is a WCCA TV show to inform viewers of their civil rights, hosted by Ron Madnick. In this episode, Ron talks about [LGBTQ Rights](https://www.wccatv.com/video/civil-liberties/KNOWYOURRIGHTS312) in America. In another episode, Ron talks about some of the greatest [Church/State Cases](https://www.wccatv.com/video/civil-liberties/KNOWRIGHTS310) of the last 70 years.
* **Perspectives**, with Asima Silva, is a WCCA TV show that features local and national guests sharing their perspectives on politics, current events, mental and emotional health, as well as religion. Asima talks with Maysam Mutallip, Adili Yilihamu, and Abdulvares Ablimit about the [Muslim minority](https://www.wccatv.com/video/perspectives/PERSPECTIVES39) in China.
* **This Is Worcester** is a WCCA TV program, hosted and produced by community activist Bill Coleman. The program focuses on interesting Worcester area facts and history. In this episode, Bill talks about [Worcester](https://www.wccatv.com/video/this-is-worcester/THISISWORCESTER72) being a city for 170 years.
* **Hidden Treasures** is a WCCA TV program that helps you learn how to find that hidden antique or collectible that just may add cash to your life. In this episode Bill talks about one of his passions, collecting
* New England Patriots are going to the Super Bowl again!! Tommy Colletta, host of **What It’s Worth**, welcomes Bob Perrone back to the show to talk [football](https://www.wccatv.com/video/what-its-worth/WHATITSWORTH385). Go Pats!!
* **Health Matters** is a program from the Worcester District Medical Society. Host Dr. Bruce Karlin welcomes Tina Grosowsky to the show. The topic of discussion is [Quit Smoking or Using Other Tobacco](https://www.wccatv.com/video/health-matters/HEALTHMATTERS186). For more info, visit www.KeepTryingMA.org or call Smokers’ Helpline: 1-800-QUIT NOW. Because your health matters!!
* Ben Alotey, one of WCCA TV’s longest active producers, is the host of **Ben Behind the Scenes** — a show featuring music videos, interviews, reviews, and short films. Tune in to another episode of pure [entertainment](https://www.wccatv.com/video/ben-behind-the-scenes/BENBEHINDTHESCENES67)
* **Sound Check**, produced by Stefano Traficante, is a real-life, unscripted program featuring the local talents of bands and song writers in the Worcester area. Featured artist in this episode is [Olivia Frances](https://www.wccatv.com/video/sound-check/SOUNDCHECK32)
* **Video Jam** is your source for eclectic music videos. Your favorite host, Tracy Foley, has been presenting mainstream and indie rock for more than 10 years on cable TV public access stations. Today’s [Playlist](https://www.wccatv.com/video/video-jam/VIDEOJAM1012) features: DYK – Trashcan, Lucas Ray Exp – Sphinx, Nadia Lanfranconi – Italian Country Song, GOODING – Because It Hurts, Angela Josephine – Go Easy & Angela Josephine – 40 Days. Keep jammin’ with WCCA TV!
* **Senior Speak** is a program by WCCA TV in collaboration with the Worcester Senior Center. Senior issues are discussed and a good time is had by all. [Senior Speak](https://www.wccatv.com/video/senior-speak/SENIORSPEAK745) is recorded at the Worcester Senior Center, located at 128 Providence St., on Tuesdays at 2 PM. Stop by and be a part of the show!
* **Nuestra Esperanza** is a Spanish-language [religious program](https://www.wccatv.com/video/nuestra-esperanza/NUESTRA79) hosted and produced by Lucy Tomey. This program has been airing on WCCA TV since 1990! Programación christiana de inspiración en Español, de mas larga duración en WCCA TV desde el año 1990, anfitriona y productora Lucy Tomey.
# About WCCA TV
Worcester Community Cable Access is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation administering public access cable television for Worcester, Massachusetts. Our mission is:
* To advance democratic ideals by ensuring the people have access to electronic media
* To provide a platform for first amendment rights and for artistic and cultural expression
* To promote co-operative relations with those who serve the public interest
* To promote communication through community use of media
**LEARN, CREATE, CONNECT!**
**WCCA TV, Channeling Worcester Community Since 1986!**
<img src=”http://www.wccatv.com/blogs/staff/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/BB-Photo-MauroDePasquale2-1-150×150.jpg” alt=”BB-Photo-MauroDePasquale2″ width=”150″ height=”150″ class=”alignleft size-thumbnail wp-image-1936″ />