Hello friends! Hope this newsletter finds everyone safe and healthy!!
WCCA TV IS HERE FOR YOU
In response to the urgency of the Covid-19 situation, WCCA TV has launched a new public service program called “Daily Breaking.” Seen LIVE daily Monday through Thursday, at 12 PM on WCCA TV, Cable Channel 194 in Worcester, also streaming live at www.wccatv.com and facebook.com/wccatv. It will also re-cast during later parts of the day, as program schedule space allows.
”Daily Breaking” is designed to allow community members, organizations, and individuals to share and express immediate, up- to-date information, to mobilize support and resources, and to alert viewers accordingly. Mauro DePasquale, Executive Director of WCCA TV, says: “The program is in response to the constantly changing environment and procedures the pandemic has caused. Not all is gloom and doom, things are happening in Worcester, only perhaps accessible in a different way, from our homes, virtually, or private offices. Citizens should know they are not alone. Services are still available out there and there’s plenty of life to live. Daily Breaking has room for everyone: social service providers, healthcare professionals, public service organizations, and even academics, musicians, and poets. The community needs an outlet to express joys and fears. We are all in this together.” At WCCA TV YOU are the news.
WCCA TV invites you to WATCH and PARTICIPATE. Space is limited. Participating guests are invited to schedule an appointment through email@example.com
WCCA TV Special Presentations
WCCA TV 194 launched DAILY BREAKING with its first guest, President and CEO of the United Way of Central Massachusetts, Tim Garvin, to talk about the response of United Ways to the coronavirus crisis.
This episode of WCCA TV’s DAILY BREAKING features Sheilah Dooley, Executive Director of Pernet Family Health, to provide information and updates on families and their social needs.
This episode of WCCA TV’s DAILY BREAKING features Marybeth Campbell, Executive Director of Worcester Community Action Council, to provide information on the support WCAC is offering to our community in these challenging times.
This episode of WCCA TV’s DAILY BREAKING features WCCA’s Executive Director Mauro DePasquale to inform viewers about the adjustments WCCA TV has done to the programming and its other services to better respond to the urgency of the Covid-19 situation and to better assist our community.
This episode of WCCA TV’s **DAILY BREAKING ** features Barbara Fields, Executive Director of the Greater Worcester Community Foundation, to share information pertaining to the Covid-19 Response Fund, also known as The Worcester Together Fund. The Worcester Together Fund is developing resources and assistance that many may find useful, including seniors and those in need for health care.
This episode of WCCA TV’s DAILY BREAKING features David Ginsburg, General Manager at 90.5 WICN in Worcester, to talk about the support and resources that WICN is offering to the community. He also talked to WCCA’s Executive Director, Mauro DePasquale, about the importance of Radio & TV Stations, and Media in general, in such challenging times.
This episode of WCCA TV’s DAILY BREAKING features Christine Rawan, COO and Compliance Officer at Drew Mortgage Associates, to talk about the impact of this pandemic on the financial industry and what people can do if they consider refinancing their mortgage.
This episode of WCCA TV’s DAILY BREAKING features Allen W. Fletcher, Founder of the Worcester Public Market, to talk about how the crisis has impacted the Worcester Public Market and what are his thoughts on the future.
This episode of WCCA TV’s DAILY BREAKING features Clark University Psychology Professor, Wendy Grolnick, who discusses how parents can help children navigate this challenging environment of endless sacrifice and new ways of socializing, playing, and learning. Professor Grolnick is an expert on parenting and children’s motivation and adjustment. She has worked extensively with parents after disasters like Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon. Professor Grolnick says structure is crucial for children’s well-being.
Exclusively on WCCA TV 194 in Worcester, also streaming live worldwide at www.wccatv.com
WCCA TV Program Notes
- Beacon Hill Chat is a talk show that features interesting people talking about the interesting things going on in Central Massachusetts. Host of the program, State Senator Harriette Chandler, welcomes Juan Matos, the Poet Laureate of Worcester, and Amina Mohammed, Worcester’s Youth Poet Laureate. In another episode, Senator Chandler welcomes Edgar Luna, Worcester’s Business Development Manger, and Mustafa Alnaimi from the Worcester Refugee and Immigrants Center.
- Tune in to WCCA TV’s Worcester Community News, your weekly local news program. This episode will offer information and updates on the Covid-19 crisis, such as Massachusetts’ coronavirus stay-at-home advisory; what is considered ”esential” business; Stop & Shop’s announcement to donate $1 million to help food banks across the northeast; WPI collecting and donating gloves and masks to medical centers and also offering 3D printing of supplies, and more. For all the updates, watch this episode of ‘Worcester Community News’ on WCCA TV, Cable Channel 194, also streaming live at www.wccatv.com
- Close To Home is a WCCA TV show about people and situations that demonstrate and celebrate deep respect for mankind, hosted by Molly Finn. Molly talks via Skype with Rene Sousa about dealing with the stress induced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This Is Worcester is a WCCA TV program hosted and produced by community activist Bill Coleman. The program focuses on interesting Worcester-area facts and history. Bill talks about the Worcester Citizens of Color Honor Roll.
- Healthy Living is a WCCA TV show that features interviews with medical doctors and allied health individuals regarding important health-related issues. Host of the show Dr. Donald Pelto chats with Dr. Bret Scher, a cardiologist and the Medical Director for the Diet Doctor. In another episode, Dr. Pelto’s guest is Debbie Eddy, owner of the athletic-shoe store Miles To Go Sports.
- Welcome to Ramona Interviews, a WCCA TV talk show that spotlights interesting guests from all walks of life. Host of the show, Elizabeth Ramona Pokoly, welcomes author Marie LeClaire. In another episode, Ramona’s guest is Sedruola Maruska, a personal development coach.
- Perspectives with Asima Silva, is a WCCA TV program that features local and national guests sharing their perspectives on politics, current events, mental and emotional health, and religion. Asima’s guest is Dr. Bill Slaughter from the Gaza Mental Health Foundation.
- Welcome to Hidden Treasures! Host of the show, Bill Safer, helps you learn how to find that hidden antique or collectible that just may add cash to your life. Bill and his guest, Anne Morrissey, talk about costume jewelry.
- Connecting The Dots is a non-traditional legal program with the emphasis on the attorney as a trusted advisor, with an interdisciplinary approach to solving life’s issues. Host of the program, Attorney Liz Myska, chats with Dr. Michael Hirsh. In another episode, Liz’s guest is WPI professor Sarah Strauss.
- Tune in to WCCA TV’s A Journey of Words hosted by Author and Poet, Catherine Reed. This is a show for all ages that features poets and their work. Catherine’s guest is Poet & Professor, Jonathan Blake.
- What It’s Worth is a WCCA TV show definitely worth watching! Host of the show, Tommy Colletta, welcomes the multi-talented actor Michael Skrzek. In another episode, Tommy chats with comedian Adam Murphy.
- WCCA TV’s independent, eclectic music-video show, Video Jam, with host Tracy Foley, will feature new music from NCT 127, Waldo Witt, Zidiq, The Naked And Famous, ZZ Ward, BREE, Sean Paul with Tove Lo, and Demi Lovato. Tune in on Fridays at 9 PM and Saturdays at 7 PM to WCCA TV, Channel 194 in Worcester. Keep on jammin’!!
- Ben Behind The Scenes is a WCCA TV program that showcases music videos, interviews, reviews, and short films. The show is produced and hosted by Ben Allotey, one of WCCA TV’s longest active producers. Tune in to another episode of pure entertainment.
About WCCA TV
Worcester Community Cable Access is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation administering public access cable television for Worcester, Massachusetts. Our mission is:
- To advance democratic ideals by ensuring the people have access to electronic media
- To provide a platform for first amendment rights and for artistic and cultural expression
- To promote co-operative relations with those who serve the public interest
- To promote communication through community use of media
LEARN, CREATE, CONNECT!
WCCA TV, Channeling Worcester Community Since 1986!