The WCCA TV Newsletter, March 2020
This Month at WCCA TV, The People’s Channel
Auditions for WCCA TV’s New Voices Awards 2020 start on March 9th. Do not miss out! This is our 4th year celebrating young talent in the Worcester area. This event is free, no registration fee! Entry is based upon opened auditions.There are three rounds for contestants. It begins with Round One when participants sing acappella. Five semi-finalists move on to Round Two at a later date when they will sing with their own instrument or bring an audio file for accompaniment. Our judges make the difficult decisions to select three finalists who move on to Round Three. These finalists are asked to perform again and then the overall winner is selected. Great prize opportunity includes professional Recording Session at Star Fleet Studios, Cash Gifts, Television Appearances, and more. A great and unique experience! This invitation is for young talent – vocalists, instrumentalists, musicians of all genres including Hip Hop. Spread the word! For details, contact email@example.com or 508-755-1880 ext 119.
Our next TV Production Class starts on Saturday, March14, 2020. The class will cover how to use our production equipment, cameras, lights, Adobe Premiere editing software, and studios. The cost is $75.00 (with membership included) and covers 4 Saturdays of instruction with a test to be given on the 5th Saturday. The class is offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. To reserve your seat, call 508-755-1880, ext. 114. Embark on your exciting TV Production journey today!!
WCCA TV Special Presentations
The Mayor’s Forum hosted by the City of Worcester Mayor, Joe Petty, is now produced at WCCA TV! The show debuted on Tuesday, February 25th. It will be broadcast on Tuesdays at 1:30 PM and 9:00 PM, and on Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30 PM. There will be two new productions each month. Mayor Petty will host local guests and discuss a wide range of topics that impact residents of Worcester and Central Massachusetts. ”The Mayor’s Forum” adds to the diverse, hyperlocal programming that WCCA TV is known for. In the first episode, The Mayor welcomes Laura Brand, a private investigator. Tune in to WCCA TV 194 in Worcester, also streaming live worldwide at www.wccatv.com
WCCA TV was there when the League of Women Voters presented The Juvenile Justice Forum – a timely discussion about interrupting the juvenile to prison pipeline. Exclusively on WCCA TV 194!
Hye Lights Show – An Armenian cultural show highlighting the country’s history, culture, and faith through the performing arts – has been posted on the WCCA TV website. Enjoy!
WCCA TV Program Notes
- Tune in to all new episodes of Soapbox in March. Host of the show and WCCA TV’s Executive Director, Mauro DePasquale, welcomes Priscilla Ress to discuss Massachusetts Good Neighbor Fund; Pawsitively 4 Pink to discuss how they financially and emotionally support women diagnosed with breast cancer; Dr. Jay Fong, Pediatric Gastroenterologist at UMass, to tell us about Chrons and other IBD issues; and Eduardo Rivas to talk about the Worcester Free Tax Coalition VITA. Soapbox can be seen on WCCA TV Channel 194 in Worcester, and streaming live worldwide at www.wccatv.com, on Saturdays at 10:30 PM and Sundays at 6:30 PM. To be a guest on the show, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Congratulations to City Councilor Gary Rosen and his panel members on their 400th episode of Rosen’s Round Table produced at WCCA TV!! ”Rosen’s Round Table” is a political and current-issue program. Among the topics discussed on this show are Polar Park and the projects surrounding it; Community Activists and their impact in our community, etc. ”Rosen’s Round Table” airs on WCCA TV 194 in Worcester on Mondays at 9:30 AM and Sundays at 9:30 PM. Stay tuned!
- Beacon Hill Chat is a talk show that features interesting people talking about the interesting things going on in Central Massachusetts. Host of the program, State Senator Harriette Chandler, welcomes to the show Mary Frandsen, the Executive Director of Audio Journal.
- This Is Worcester is a WCCA TV program hosted and produced by community activist Bill Coleman. The program focuses on interesting Worcester area facts and history. Bill welcomes activist John Haynes Honeycutt to the show. In another episode, Bill chats with Priscila Espinosa, the Founder & CEO of Sprout Change.
- Healthy Living is a WCCA TV show that features interviews with medical doctors and allied health individuals regarding important health-related issues. Host of the show Dr. Donald Pelto welcomes Dr. Neil Feldman, his partner at Central Mass Podiatry. In another episode, Dr. Pelto’s guest is Andre Brisson to
discuss Diet and Nutrition.
- Congratulations to the WCCA TV show Health Matters and the Worcester District Medical Society on producing their 200th show!! Host Dr. Michael Hirsh welcomed Dr. Sara Shields and Vanessa Villamarin to talk about the Worcester Healthy Baby Collaborative. The first “Health Matters” show was broadcast in 2003. You can view past shows, on demand, at www.wccatv.com
- Close To Home is a show about people and situations that demonstrate deep respect for mankind Host of the show, Molly Finn, welcomes Lee Crowley. The 40 Days For Life campaign is the topic of discussion. In another episode, Molly’s special guest is the Pastor of St. Anne Church in North Oxford, Father Michael Lavallee.
- Connecting The Dots is a non-traditional legal program with the emphasis on the attorney as a trusted advisor, with an interdisciplinary approach to solving life’s issues. Host of the program, Attorney Liz Myska, welcomes to the show Juliet Feibel from Arts Worcester. In another episode, Liz chats with Chantel Bethea, the President and CEO of Women In Action.
- Activate Worcester, hosted by Ron Motta, is a WCCA TV program that shows viewers how to participate and become active in Worcester. Ron welcomes Bonnie Johnson, a candidate for
Republican State Committee. In another episode, Ron chats with another candidate for Republican State Committee, Bill McCarthy.
- Human Touch, hosted by Augustine Kanjia, is a program that spotlights refugees and help viewers learn about their struggles, stories, challenges and triumphs in order to bring about understanding and change. In this episode, Augustine explains the relationship between refugees and their host countries.
- BANDEdge is a WCCA-TV produced local music show that is shot live, spotlighting Worcester area bands, singers/songwriters, and instrumentalists. Featured on this episode is singer, guitarist, songwriter, aka ‘Internet Sensation’ Mark Belanger.
- Welcome to Hidden Treasures! Host of the show, Bill Safer, helps you learn how to find that hidden antique or collectible that just may add cash to your life. Bill and his guest, auctioneer Wayne Tuiskula, chat about all kinds of different treasures.
- A Journey of Words is a WCCA TV program hosted by author and poet, Catherine Reed. This is a show for all ages to take a journey of words through poems. Catherine’s guest is Joan Erickson, a poet and a painter.
- Welcome to Ramona Interviews, a talk show that spotlights interesting guests from all walks of life. Host of the show Elizabeth Ramona Pokoly welcomes Kathryn Rose, Founder & CEO of wiseHer whose mission is to help women accelerate their businesses or careers. Exclusively on WCCA TV 194!
- Sound Check, with Stefano Trafecante, is a real-life, unscripted program featuring the local musicians/bands and song writers in the Worcester area. ”Local Mix 11” is an arrangement of local talent and images.
- WCCA TV’s independent, eclectic, music-video show ,Video Jam, with host Tracy Foley, will feature new music from: Pearl Jam, Stereo Jane, Sam Smith, The Inoculated Canaries, viseMènn, James Cole, and Terry Robb. Tune in on Fridays at 9 PM and Saturdays at 7 PM to WCCA TV, Channel 194 in Worcester. The show streams live at the same time worldwide at www.wccatv.com, where you can also download past shows. Keep on jammin’!!
- Tune in to Video Jam Country and spend an hour enjoying the latest and greatest in country music with host Tracy Foley. Today’s show features country-music artists: Roger Jaeger, Nick Brennan, Johanna Winkel, Tim Dugger, Tracy Lawrence, Carrie Underwood, and more. Shout out to all our country music fans!!
- Ben Behind The Scenes is a WCCA TV program that showcases music videos, interviews, reviews, and short films. The show is produced and hosted by Ben Allotey, one of WCCA TV’s longest active producers. Tune in to another episode of pure entertainment.
- Senior Speak is a program by WCCA TV in collaboration with the Worcester Senior Center. Senior issues are discussed and a good time is had by all. Senior Speak is recorded at the Worcester Senior Center, located at 128 Providence St, on Tuesdays at 2 PM. Stop by and be a part of the show!
About WCCA TV
Worcester Community Cable Access is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation administering public access cable television for Worcester, Massachusetts. Our mission is:
- To advance democratic ideals by ensuring the people have access to electronic media
- To provide a platform for first amendment rights and for artistic and cultural expression
- To promote co-operative relations with those who serve the public interest
- To promote communication through community use of media
LEARN, CREATE, CONNECT!
WCCA TV, Channeling Worcester Community Since 1986!